Hey family,
We had a pretty good week. Glad to hear all my friends are doing well and that the kids made it home alright. I would like both mom if that is ok. Bummer about BYU. News of the tournament doesn't spread too much out here. I did manage to ask around a little though. Sounds like the big news was Duke going down early. What an embarrassment :) Good to hear about Georgetown and UNC. Can't really think of too much else I want to know though. I guess it was good to hear about Skippy still being around an not too much trouble. Also glad to hear that Max still keeps it real Jake ha ha. Today is actually not P day for us, but we are still emailing today since We wont have time to email on Friday.
So Tuesday we had a pretty good district meeting Tuesday. It was on finding Faith to find. Elder Robbins and I have decided that there is no reason we can't talk to at least 10 people a day and we have really emphasized talking to everyone we see. Lately we have picked up on people walking along the road. We pull over ask them for directions to hospital, post office etc and then give them a pass along card and see if we can't come by sometime. Tuesday we tracted into a guy and taught him the restoration. It was a pretty solid. Unfortunately he blew us off Thursday for the return appointment. Kinda frustrating sometimes, but I have noticed that when we give our best effort to find and teach. Miracles happen with our other investigators and happy moments roll.
Wednesday we ran around for a bit just knockin on doors and doing our thing. We had choke referrals from an aunty who has family here. Unfortunately people don't really have addresses here, and some didn't have very solid directions so that was kinda tough ha ha. Sometimes its easy to lose count of telephone poles and figure what dirt road counts as a street and what doesn't. That afternoon we went with Brother Kelley to go gather up coconuts from the coconut grove right between the church and the beach. He gathers them and sells them to the post office who sells them to people to ship home. It reminded me on Grandma Tripp's coconut. I'll have to find a good one and send it.
I guess the service project for the next few weeks is week eating. Thursday we weed-eated all morning. It was pretty fun. There was some pretty tall grass that was fun to mow down. it was a big project though and it looks like we are going to hit a few more houses this week. Hoping for some good lessons to come out of that though. I forgot to mention that this week was spring break so that made it kind of tough to track down families and lots of ward members were away so that was a little tough. We managed to find dinner every night though so that was good. Elder Robbins has commented that everyone offers to feed us and he gets full too fast. I got a good laugh out of that.
Friday was my favorite day of the week. We headed up west side of the island and taught the Gomes children. They are lots of fun. We showed them some really cool object lessons about faith baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost. They were tripping out like crazy. It was so fun to see how excited they would get when we would light a tea bag on fire in their hand, and right before it burns them it flies away. They also liked when we used to Gift of the Holy Ghost to discern which pass along card they picked. If only we could get them to come to Church a couple more times it would be great.
Saturday Brother Kelley took us around to meet a few people who seem fairly interested. So that was positive as well. I hope things work out well there. Some how time got away from us and before we knew it it was time to go play Basketball. Basketball was pretty good again. We are getting lots of less actives and non members out and plenty are coming to church as well which is really cool.
Yesterday we had more talks on Eternal Families. Seems to be what we need to hear I guess. We are looking at the 5 Gomes Children and Mahi to be baptized the 1st 2 weeks of April so pray for them.
I guess I forgot to mention why today isn't Pday like usual. President Dalton is coming out for interviews on Friday and he want to hike down to Kalaupapa and do the tour and see the old church and everything. So we agreed to do that with him and push P day to then. It should be a blast and we already have our sponsor and tour booked and everything so there is no reason it won't work out this time haha. Thanks again for everything family I love everything you do thanks for all your messages of support. You guys are awesome I love you and Aloha!!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment