ALOHA!!!!!!
Sorry it is now Tuesday and I am just getting around to my Email. We
found out Friday that we would be having what was called a "One Day
Training" on Maui yesterday, so our P day got bumped to today. I can't
wait for that package. You guys are the best. Glad to hear that the
kids are so fun to have around and such.
This week was awesome. Elder
Robbins and I are seeing Miracles everywhere and it is lots of fun to
be here in Ho'olehua ward right now. we just took things back to the
basics of being everyone's friend and now we are teaching all the time.
I forgot to mention last Monday we helped make Kalua pig in an Imu
with the Boarden Family. We killed, cleaned, and threw the pig in the
Imu in the morning, and then came back at night to pull it out and eat
it. It was delicious. Pretty soon I'll be pro at making them and can
take my talents to Utah ;)
Tuesday and Wednesday we spent out tracting and teaching lots of
people I think we taught 12 lessons total between the 2 days so that
was exciting. we didn't have much success out knocking on doors, but
that is ok.
Thursday we had our weekly planning meeting, where we talk about how
the work is going in our area and how we can do better and focus on
what our investigators need to help them come closer to Jesus Christ
and be Baptized. We wrote down all of our investigators and started
noticing that we have a lot that have come to church 3 times already
and don't seem to have any trouble with the laws. We set a goal that
this next week we would invite them all to be baptized and resolve
concerns. The spirit was way strong as we made those plans. I know that
lots of good is going to come this week because of that plan. We also
that day went and saw Bishops brother-in-law. He is one who fits into
the above category. Before he has always been very quiet and hasn't
really said much. This time however he was super talkative and readily
accepted to set up a teaching appointment with us for tomorrow. We
think that the musical fireside really impacted him and his wife. Hope
all goes well with that.
Friday we headed out west end. The Gomes Children are doing so
awesome. They loved Primary so much and are so excited to be baptized
on the 14th. They even told us on Sunday they watched both sessions of
conference not just the afternoon session (10 am for us in Hawaii.) It
has been a miracle and faith building experience to be teaching them.
Saturday we got up bright and early to be at the Church for the 6 am
session. Jake I believe we probably got up around similar times, just
in Hawaii they decide that the time is different. I can remember when
Elder Scott talked, but I really enjoyed his talk. Between session
Elder Robbins and I made our breakfast of eggs bacon sausage and hash
browns. It was great. Priesthood I really enjoyed all the talks on the
Priesthood duties. It seems like DC 121 came up a lot. I enjoyed Elder
Bednar's talk on how if we truly have the true gospel, why don't we do
our duties. It is so weird to be done with Priesthood session at 4.
After we headed up and visited a few investigators to watch
conference. We even invited one for baptism on the 21 and he accepted
:) He also watched conference and enjoyed the parts about the Holy
Ghost as a GPS.
Sunday was more conference. Apuna's fed us between sessions at the
Church which was very nice of them. We also ate dinner at their house
that night. They do so much for us they are awesome people. Conference
was excellent Sunday as well. It pumps me up to go out and do some
awesome work.
The other elders just walked in with the package you sent me for
Easter. :) Thanks! The candy is great and thank you so much for the
memory card. I just need to take a few prints of pictures off the card
and then I will send it home this week so you can all enjoy them as a
family this weekend while everyone is home.
Yesterday was a long day. We got up at 3:30 to catch the 5:00 ferry
for Maui.We made it to Lahaina about 7 and headed into Kahului. We made quick stops at WalMart and Ross before the meeting. I didn't find a pillow I liked, but I did grab a sweatshirt as Ross. My blood is starting to thin out finally and 70 feels pretty cold so I got one for those nights.
 |
| Just me driving the ferry yesterday, you can call me Captain Tripp ;) |
 |
| Elder Toki and I with President and Elder Hansen in the back ground |
Anyway the training were nice. It was good to see my
MTC companion Elder Penitani and Elder Toki from Hilo They are both
doing good it sounds like.
 |
| President Elder Hansen, Elder Penitani me and Elder Toki.
We got back to Lahaina with about 30 min to
spare before our boat took off back for home.
 |
| On the front of the ferry just before getting splashed with saltwater |
we made it to the wharf
around 8 and Apunas took us out to eat which was also very nice of
them.
It felt so good to finally get to sleep in til 6:30 today ha ha. I
hope all is going well and This week is as good as it sound like it
should be. I love you all and can't wait to hear more. I Love you and
ALOHA.
|
Love, Elder Tripp
No comments:
Post a Comment