Aloha Family,
Things have been good.Today was our quarterly temple trip, crazy only one more before all is said and done. Some small kine big news that happened this week is that I got my "trunky call" which is when the office calls to find out what airport I planned to fly home to. I assume SLC was the right choice unless you were planning on driving to somewhere exotic like San Diego or Montreal to pick me up. :) I feel like a little bit of weight has been falling off. We had been playing ultimate frisbee every morning with our district which has been fun. Oh and the address situation. Because the MTC shortened down the time Elders stay in the MTC this transfer is just a 5 weeker which means this is the last week of this transfer and I assume I'll be transfered so really the best bet would be to send everything to the mission office and I'll for sure get it next Wednesday at the latest since zone leaders always got to transfer meeting regardless.
Anyway so Tuesday was typical run the weekly errands day. This day was nice however because since the Office assistants were off island with President the Traveling ones were Home holding down the fort. So it was nice to sit down and take a second to chat with Elder Hudson about the next few months of being a missionary and then plans for after. I will admit I plan to spend some amount of time hanging in Riverton after settling back in but we can worry about that later. Tuesday night we headed out to do our final exchange of the transfer since Comp reports were due Thursday morning.
I took Elder Dorny who is about 4 months out with me in Kapolei and Elder Brooksby went to Nanakuli ward with the district leader Elder Ioteba from the same island of Kiribati as Elder Ukenio was Elder Dorny and I had a good time and could find a few this we had in common to talk about as we drove in between appointments. He is really into Anime, but I guess never watched Sailor Moon, Go figure! Anyway we found some part member families to start working with so we will see how those go.
Thursday we went around and got comp reports from the DLs. Things were pretty good. Our zone has been pretty good for the most part this transfer except for a few minor things. Thursday night we gave a blessing to a lady and then headed to a fireside for the youth in the ward geared towards missionary work so that was good and the stake really came through I thought.
Friday seems to have slipped right by I can't remember the afternoon. I know the Tongan ward had 2 investigators get married and then baptized right after Friday night. Something I thought was cool is that the Tongan ward has invested in a translation system, where some one has a microphone that is broadcast to these radio type deals with headphones so even those who can't speak Tongan, like me, can understand.
Saturday we did some service for a less active for a good part of the day. They even fed us lunch which was great. Not much happened that night I think we went cruising at Bishops that night after dinner.
Sunday was good we had 2 baptisms to attend in Makaha so that was exciting. The elders have been working with them since November and it finally worked out as a miracle baptism so that was nice. We ended the night with a meeting with the stake mission leader and then called it a night.
Today at the temple we were told to attend the 8 o clock session at the Temple. When we got there it turned out that we were scheduled for the 9 and Honolulu West was at 8, but since it was going to be a small session they let us all go. It was nice to sit by Elder Carrell and Hall. They are the ZLs over there right now so that was fun to catch up with them. I was hoping to get to head over to Surfin Taco's with the crew for the after the temple lunch, but an Elder in our zone had a doctors appointment in Honolulu and his comp refused to go with him, so I decided to go with him. Its hard to be a peace maker sometimes but it all works out. Ill see them at Zlc and we had to stop at the mission office where Elder Mafi just happened to be so it was good to see him.
Anyway that's what is new. One of Elder Brooksby's recent converts is headed to the temple on Friday so we are going to get to attend that as well. I was hoping some money could be put on my card so I could get some new garments if that is ok that would be great. Glad Primary is going good Mom. I always love hearing from everyone thanks so much! Aloha!!
Love, Elder Tripp
No comments:
Post a Comment