Letters from the Hawaii Honolulu Mission

Monday, December 3, 2012

Fast Week


Aloha Family,
 
Thanks for the emails again this week. This week seems to have flown by I don't know what happened. Seems like just yesterday I was emailing. Glad George could come home for a quick visit. I enjoyed the story of the tomatoes. Good work Jake. The question is next time will the separate bowl even appear? I bet it was fun. Elder Ukenio and I are still doing good. We had lots of cancelled lessons, but overall we had a good week. Lets see what I can remember.
 
Tuesday we had district meeting. It was on Unity and coming united as a zone to hit our goals. I did a little object lesson by making 2 puzzles and splitting the district in 2, but the pieces were all mixed up between the 2 so they had to work together to solve them both. I felt it went well. After we made the trek from kona up to Waimea side to hunt down some members of our Unbaptized Children list. Basically that is all the Kids who were blessed in the ward but never baptized. We found a family or 2 home and they told us we could come back anytime. They didn't seem super interested but didn't mind us coming over and teaching, and you never know they can always change there mind.
 
Wednesday was an unusual day in that it rained in Waikoloa. That doesn't happen often. Waimea usually gets a fair amount in a week, but never where we live. We spent it in Waikoloa did a little tracting and said some wonderful prayers with people. It was a nice day. Sadly I don't remember too much.
 
Thursday we didn't get a whole ton of stuff done since it was extreme makeover pad addition. 1st we got a new fridge which took a while since they made the waterline available to make Ice in the freezer which is a nice feature. Then we had to haul the old one out, then give the one we were temporarily borrowing back to the original owner. Then we got back just in time to have new blinds and screens assembled in our apartment and later a guy came and installed new lights on our lanai. We had sloppy joes for dinner. Reminded me of home a bit, and then we headed up with them to the church to set up for a missionary home coming party the next day.
 
Friday we had our every other transfer interviews with President. Usually on the big island President drives around to everyone, but because it was Christmas time and zone conference won't be until January we all met up in Waimea and played some chimes, as well as watched "The Other Side of Heaven" before having interviews. It was nice to See Elder Brinkerhoff again. Anyway interviews went well. It is always nice to have a good interview. Some people seem to have a look of terror as they walk in with him, but mine have always been nothing but pleasant. He always asks if I have heard from Elder "Erda" is doing. That night we had the party for the Elder home from the Philippines. He shared some crazy stories I am sure George can relate too. Made me realize how blessed I am to be in Hawaii.
 
Saturday I dug out my saw and went back to my lumberjack days of cutting down trees. An old German guy we tracted into the other day needed help clearing our some old Banana trees and wanted us to take off all the dead branches of all his other trees. It was pretty fun. Not quite like my Molokai days but good enough to remember doing that almost every week for a while back then. Later we went up to Waimea for the annual Christmas Parade. It was good to be our talking story and what not with all the people there just passing our cards and having a good time.
 
Yesterday church was excellent. Testimony meeting is always good. We taught the Priest Quorum about Missionary work and using the Book of Mormon seemed to go well. Christmas Devotional I thought was nice. We could have watched it live right after church, but our dinner was planning on watching online after dinner so we decided to do that. I started out rough as when we wanted to watch it hadn't been uploaded yet. Luckily it came on about 30 min later. I thought it was nice.I think I remember going to one being really little and getting passed around by the Johannsen kids, but I don't know if that is true.I was just pondering past ones last night and I think that is the 1st i remember.
 
Anyway I love you all. Can't wait to call in a few weeks. Sorry I am getting this off kinda late hope you still get it tonight. Thanks for all you do. Choke Mahalos and Aloha.

Love, Elder Tripp

No comments:

Post a Comment