Well things are good. Tuesday afternoon I had a mental list of all the things I meant to talk to you about that I had forgotten and today I can just remember a couple of things so 1st off. Natalie, What ever happened to my pajama pants from forever ago ;) getting the Utah ones just reminded me of those. haha and 2nd so I was talking with Brother Tripp in the ward about Tripp history and what not and he asked if I knew where the name came from. I said my grandpa had told me a story, but I was curious what he thought, and he proceeded tell the exact same story about the dakine falling over the wall and saying he "tripped". Just thought it was interesting that someone else knows that story.
Anyway so Tuesday after we talked we headed over to the high counselor over missionary work in the stake, Brother Magoay's house and had brunch consisting of fried rice, Portuguese sausage, bacon and belguian waffles. After we played foosball with the kids which was a blast and made me miss our old school table we used to have, after we watched the RM and then headed off to dinner with the Mafi Family. They are a Tongan family, but they aren't related to Elder Mafi, anyway they fed us a ton of food, it was great. There was pretty much anything I could possibly want to eat, steak, laulau, etc. After that we talked story for a bit took a quick nap and then shot some pool before heading home for the night. Thanks for all the gifts and money. I am planning on buying a T shirts hope that is ok.
Wednesday we had district meeting and i didn't have to train which was kinda nice. We just gave the announcements and then turned the time over to the district leaders. It was kinda nice. Elder Tausinga has been sick since I have been here and Wednesday was especially bad so he slept while I called and set up some appointments
Thursday we had a good day of getting things done. We had a couple of brothers to go on splits with which was way cool. One of them is leaving on a mission tomorrow so it was nice to have him with us. I don't know if you remember from the phone call the guy who I said called us and said he wanted to get baptized. Well we visited him on Thursday and he pretty much taught us the restoration. he is so solid and is so ready and should be baptized this weekend so that is exciting for sure. Elder Tausinga and I are Psyched, especially since Makakilo ward had 3 baptisms for all of 2012.
Friday was Dltm and then a little bit less of a successful day. We had a few lessons fall through and then we had to drive into town to the mission office to pick up some Illocano Book of Mormons for our part member family who has lots of cousins they want to share the gospel with. Hopefully it goes well. Other than than not too much happened kinda a downer.
Saturday Elder tausinga was pretty sick again Saturday so I took Elder Lepule with me to go support Makaha ward's baptism. It was 2 kids whose parents are non members and the huge plus about it was how supportive the parents are. They just have some WoW problems and then they should be joining them. Its always nice to see whole families working towards the temple.
Yesterday was crazy as always. It is different covering 3 wards instead of just one. From 7 to 4 all we do is having meetings and go to sacrament.Its cool to meet lots of people, but at the same time it is harder to get close with the members because there are so many to work with. I guess a highlight was that "Kolipoki" better known as Elder Groberg came to visit with all his posse. They pretty much doubled Palehua ward's sacrament attendance. It was nice to say hi and talk story briefly. Anyway That's about it for this week. Kinda short, but it is the Holidays. Today we are just cruising at the Church til Midnight and then tomorrow is P day again so that should be fun. Hope everyone gets to start off the new year with a bang.
Love, Elder Tripp
No comments:
Post a Comment