Letters from the Hawaii Honolulu Mission

Monday, January 28, 2013

Hello Again

Aloha,

Things sound uh snowy over there. Sounds like people still had fun weeks. Life was good over here. George are you underwater? We got a flash flood warning yesterday and I assume from looking over to your side of the island it looks like it was worse. It looks like it is going to rain again over here today. It was good to See Tyson's Grandma around yesterday, She was with all her sisters I think. I guess word travels pretty fast on the grapevine these days. Anyway Ill see what I can remember the temple was sure nice that for sure, but more on that later. Thanks Mom the medicine came. And due to this transfer being a 7 week one transfers aren't until Feb 6th, anyway I think you have my address, but if you don't just send be an email and I'll get it for you. We have a conference call tonight with President so I'll send it then if you don't have it. Can you also send some combs too?

Anyway so Tuesday we had a pretty regular except for a lesson we had with a guy named Fe'a. He has kinda been nibbling the gospel for a while, but nothing was really changing. We ended up teaching him the Plan of Salvation just kinda clicked this time around. He was asking super solid questions and it was just solid. Good times. Tuesday night we spent getting our little presentation in order for our part in our portion of ZLC.

Wednesday was such a super busy, but what a great day. We started by swinging by the airport and picking up the Hilo Zone leaders and then made the trip up the LikeLike to the end and turned up kamehameha past the Tripp house and up towards Laie. We Made it around 10:20 and talked story with everyone for about 10 min before heading into the Temple for the 11  o'clock  session. It was great to see Elder Robbins again. I hadn't seen him since I left Molokai he has been on Kauai since he left so it was good to catch up with him, as well as Elder Mafi. It was so cool to see everyone in the celestial room together, just kinda felt like we were all truly bro's with the same purpose. Anyway after we were supposed to have the Temple President come and talk to us, but he couldn't make it. Michael Ballam just happened to be working there though so he came and talked to us for a minute. I'm sure if you saw a picture of him you would recognize him. After that we went to the cafeteria and had Grilled Cheese and Tomato soup with was pretty good. then it was time for the meeting.

The actual ZLC meeting went pretty smooth it was fun to see  all the ideas everyone came up with for how to move the work forward. Nothing big really changed, but some things were thrown around like only having to come 2 times to church before they can be baptized instead of 3 as well as the amount of time we should spend tracting a day., but for now everything is still the same. We set a new mission goal for 200 baptisms in a month. When I first came out in June the mission was psyched about just hitting vision 100 in May. It had just been done 3 times before that and hadn't been since 2007. Last Year we had over 100 5 of the last 6 months and our record was 166 in December so everyone is excited to aim for 200. President goes home 3 weeks after I do so he is giving it all for the first 6 months of the year. The meeting went long as usual so we scrambled through some rain to get Kona to the Airport for a flight. The called us that night and said got there just before the gate was shut. It was good to talk to Elder Carrel again as well.

Thursday we had service in the morning, just helped an old uncle with his Garden and what not. That afternoon we sat and read the Book of Mormon with another less active uncle and then we had a lesson with Jerone to finish out the night right. he is still just waiting for his Mom but he has been coming to church and reading and he is ready to go. 

Friday we had Elder Melville come out with us. He is one of the Office Aps with Elder Brinkerhoff. We played against each other down BYU way back when and had a good time just chatting about Basketball and life and what not. We didn't have any lessons scheduled so we did quite a bit of tracting and looking for people to teach. Found a few less actives home but nothing much other than that. When we met back up with Elder Brinkerhoff that night he informed me, He, Elder Hudson and I now have green dots on our picture at the mission office. That means that we have 3 transfers left. Kinda crazy.

Saturday we had baptisms in the zone to attend so we pretty much bounced from one to another for most of the day and then headed to dinner and called it a night.

Yesterday was good. Rumors on the street say Palehua and Makakilo wards will be getting Elders or Sisters this next transfer so that is going to be nice Although the Grantsville clan came to Makakilo ward so I guess I wouldn't have seen them if we didn't cover all 3, but 8 hours of Church is really long ha ha. It was good though one of the wards had Ward Conference and the Stake President gave a solid talk that I really enjoyed about sharing the gospel. 

I think that's it for the week. Glad everything went good. It was good to hear from everyone. Glad Natalie had fun Skiing gotta watch out for those blue runs ;) Love you all, and ALOHA!

Love, Elder Tripp

No comments:

Post a Comment