Letters from the Hawaii Honolulu Mission

Monday, January 14, 2013

It's Monday

Hey Family,

Hows things going for you so far. We had lots of exciting moments in the zone this week. including we found a miracle kid to baptize in a few weeks. Our Zone numbers were also rock solid which is great since we have zone conference tomorrow and zone leader council next week on Monday so I probably won't email next week until Tuesday. Another note is that due to MTC speeding everything up starting in February it looks like every transfer is going to be moved up so it seems I might be coming home the morning of the 7th instead of the 14th.  Jake mentioned Mom is heading out in February. Sounds nice to get out of that cold weather. My blood is really thin over here, true blessing not to have to come home until summer. Thanks mom for sending the stuff. I'm sure I'll get it soon. Bummer about Notre Dame and Te'o. The island was devastated. Its a real sore subject for sure. From the Reports I got it sounded like Alabama's big backs really beat up Manti. Lets see what I can remember from last week.

So Tuesday was a very carefree, no worries, just work hard day. We took our bishop's son out with us and visited a few people around Kapolei and managed to find 2 new investigators from member referrals. I am excited to see how they turn out. It is so nice that Bishop's kids all love to come out with us and are so willing to give up a day to come out with us. We had a good dinner and then headed out to do a baptismal interview for the Elders out in Waianae. then called it a day.

Wednesday we had a zone flood in Kalaeloa ward in the morning, where we all met up at Nanakuli Beach park, just past electric beach. Picked a few streets and the whole zone went out tracting. The area has been really struggling so we thought it might help jump start it. It was fun. I teamed up with Elder Marlowe who is serving as DL in Waianae and just came from his 1st 6th months in Ka'u like me so it is always cool to share crazy stories from down South. Anyway we all seemed to find some success and about 15 people for them to follow up with. We also ran into a few crazy doctrines from people, like it ok if your friends or family don't make it to heaven because our minds will be wiped clean of all the people who don't make it. That was a new one I had never heard before. The rest of the day I was on Exchange in the Nanakuli ward. Things went good. It was good to help the new Elder I was on exchange with out a bit. He seems to be having a hard time, I just tried to help him understand that it doesn't make us any better or worse missionaries because we are or are not leaders, but we need to listen to those that have been called to lead us like his trainer.

Thursday we had a lesson in the Morning with Jarone, the guy who was supposed to be baptized last week. He is still super solid just gotta wait for his family to come out and things should be good. That afternoon some elders got in a car accident. so we spent the rest of the day with them helping them out with them getting the insurance claims and just giving moral support. Luckily it was fairly small and no injuries occurred.

Friday I was out with Lepule again in his area. We traveled around the west side and taught a few people and eventually ended up for dinner at McDonald's in Ewa Beach. Gotta love Samoan dinners. They told us to order what we wanted and then they proceeded to double our orders and then they also made sure we got a Salad as well to be 'Healthy" fun times.

Saturday seems to slip my mind but it must have been a good day. I know we had zone flood this time in Waianae side which turned out twice as successful as the 1st. Other than that I think we just made some visits that everyone just wanted to watch to football games so no one really let us in.

Yesterday was a good productive Saturday. Lots of meetings. We were there from 8-5 kinda tiring but I enjoy it. No General Authorities this time around. A sister spoke who recently returned from the NYC South mission. I didn't get to talk to her, but she was a Samoan sister that started with a T. I'm sure Hutch probably knows her. That was cool I guess. Other than that I think it was just regular. Today we are going to Pizza hut Buffet for Lepule's birthday. We kinda made it a tradition back in Hon-West so we are keeping it alive. Should be fun. Hope you can get a little warmth over there. and hopefully the Groundhog doesn't see his shadow so Spring will be right around the corner ;) Love you

Aloha, Elder Tripp

No comments:

Post a Comment